Panch Pokhari Trek
- Cost Info
Panch Pokhari trek is off beaten route 12 days trekking that takes you to the holy lake and one of the famous pilgrimage called Panch Pokhari at the base of the Jugal Himal. Panch Pokhari is one of the high altitude holy lakes formed by the combination of five lakes around the same periphery. This lake is sacred to both Hindu and Buddhist. This place is visited by many pilgrims yearly. This trek up to the isolated traditional villages in the incredibly beautiful Himalayan landscape is the combination of diverse ecology, rich cultural heritage and pilgrimage tour.
Panch Pokhari trek starts from Chautara at 1,400 m. which lies at five hour drive to northeast of the Kathmandu valley close to Tibetan border. From Chautara we pass through beautiful scenery of mountains, Emerald hills, terraces filled with golden and yellow rice and mustard plant, pine forests, alpine meadows river and villages inhibited with different ethnic group of nomadic people and many more reaching up to Panch Pokhari 4,000m. a rarely visited pilgrimage site where a Janaipurnima festival is held at in full moon day in August. Trek to Panch Pokhari (4100m) offers excellent view magnificent mountain ranges like Jugal Himal Range, Rolwaling Range, Gosainkund, Kanchenjunga and Makalu. While returning back to Kathmandu we trek back via Melamchi pool.
This trek can be done all year round except for the monsoon.
Day 01: We drive from Kathmandu (1350m.) to Chautara (1200m). This will take about at five hour drive to northeast of the Kathmandu valley
Day 02: We trek from Chautara to Phusre (2045m.)
Day 03: We trek from Phurse to Kami kharka (2845m.)
Day 04: We trek from Kami Kharka to Pauwa Bas (3000m)
Day 05: We trek from Pauwa Bas to Hille Bhanjyang (3400m)
Day 06: We trek from Hille Bhanjyang to Nasim Pati(3700m.)
Day 07: We trek from Nasim Pati to Panch Pokhari (five lakes) (4100m)
Day 08: We trek from Panchpokhari to Nasimpati (3700m.)
Day 09: We trek from Nasimpati to Dukang (2100m.)
Day 10: We trek from Dukang to Dhap (1200 m):
Day 11: We trek from Dhap to Melamchi pool (800m):
Day 12: We drive back to Kathmandu from Melamchi bazaar.
Price for the Trip:
The cost of the Trip depend group size, Category of the trip and your desire (budget)The above itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern which we provide you. This trekking can be modified according to your time and requirements. The Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip. Price for reduced activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding. The itinerary mentioned above is published from Airport to Airport services for the betterment of the client. Due to various categories Hotel facilities in the Capital City they may choice for their own and if required through us, we provide the facilities Also. The cost also affects the number of guides and porters
For these reasons the same trek can higher and lower price. Thus; please mail us for up to date prices for the above Trip
Can You Please
- Required Hotel category?-Tourist class hotel,03 star hotel or 05 star hotel
- Your Arrival and Departure Date in Kathmandu timing?
- Extra activities? Any special
- You’re Nationality?
- Transportation? (Air, car or Tourist Bus)
- Number of participate?
All arrival and departure transfer services to and from Airport both Domestic and International with other necessary surface transport as per itinerary.
- Assistance at the International airport by our representative while arriving and departing.
- Accommodations at 3/4 Star hotels in Kathmandu on B/B basis
- One day sightseeing in Kathmandu (Swayambhunath, Pashupatinath, Boudhnath and Durbar Square).
- Local English-speaking Guide for sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Necessary staffs including experienced guides and porters during the trekking and climbing.
- Private Tourist vehicles will be available for transportation as per Itinerary.
- All trekking and camping equipments like camp furniture, kitchenware, dining tents, guest tents, etc.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) along with available accommodation at Hotel/Lodge/Guest Houses or tents for members and staffs during trek and climbing in twin sharing basis.
- Per person 30kg baggage allowance during trekking-up carrying by porter or Yak and 20kg baggage allowance while returning from Base Camp after climbing the peak.
- Trekking Permit (National Park entry fee) and TIMS card (Trekking Information Management System)
- Required Experienced, Trained and Government Licensed Climbing Guide(s) during Climbing Period as per the size of group.
- All wages, equipments, medical and accidental Insurances for all involved staffs.
- First Aid medical kits for the Group and the staffs.
- Satellite phone carrying by Guide for communication and available for members with the cost of US$ 4 per minute call.
- Appropriate food for high altitude and all climbing crew at base camp and above as required.
- Required fixed and dynamic rope during climbing period.
- Emergency Oxygen and mask regulator.
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and Government Taxes levied in Nepal
- Complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and visa extension procedure services (if necessary)
- Farewell Dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with domestic culture show in Kathmandu before departure.
- Aerolina Tours Special Gifts (T-shirt/Pashmina etc.)
- Our service Charges
- Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except farewell dinner)
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phones And Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations,
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival)
- Ice fall Garbage Deposit fees (Sharing with other member) if applicable.
- Wake talkies & Filming permit.
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
Starting from : Chautara (5 hours bus ride from Kathmandu)
Ending at : Melamchipul Bazar (4-5 hours bus ride to Kathmandu)
Grade : Moderate
Highest access of the trek : Panch Pokhari 4100 meters
Culture : Newar, Braman, Chettri, Gurung
Mode of trekking tour : Camping only
Himalayan sights : Himalayan ranges of Gauri Shankar & Rolwalling etc.
Most Attraction of the trek : Off touristy trekking route and authentic Nepalese life style.